3.2.09

Eidetic Memory ("Photographic Memory")

Posting that Arturo Toscanini video reminded me of his Eidetic Memory. It's something that actually has a clinical term ("Eidetic Memory": Marked by extraordinarily accurate and vivid recall, especially of images.) My brother has an Eidetic memory, and sometimes I think my father has an eidetic memory--especially when recanting stories he's read. I always wanted to have a photographic memory, and though my memory is sharp, I'm quite sure I couldn't get down to the most minute scale when trying to remember something, specifically an image or scene or something tangible. By the way, did you know that there have been studies to identify the likelihood that hypnosis increases the ability to respond to visual stimuli--i.e., intensely remembering an image? I wonder if there have been studies done to show how an eidetic memory can be used in the 'learning processes' of youth. Whether many perceived 'geniuses' simply had a genetic disposition for possessing an eidetic memory.

Photographic Memory

No comments: