17.1.09

Be The Change Inc.

I'll start with the following link:

http://www.reuters.com/article/featuredCrisis/idUSLH495210



My mother's ancestors are from Israel, and she currently has cousins who still reside there. Though we've never visited them, our cousins have always kept in touch--writing letters, and sending gifts commemorating our births.

Recently, my cousin Dorit was married and we received pictures and an update of the special event. Despite the happiness, Dorit was sad to inform us that the battle between Israel and the Gaza strip has caused quite an unsettling unrest within her parents' hometown. This is very scary for my mother and I hope and pray that the actions causing duress to that country don't physically harm my extended family. I am so saddened when I heard about Israel bombing Gaza and of any retaliatory activities against Israel.

It's tragic. I can't get past the killings, and I am compelled to note that lives lost for religious zealotry leaves me baffled and confused.

This led me to posting today's blog, asking you to be aware of your surroundings, your actions, and the events that move you on a daily basis. Take the time to help someone, the smallest tasks leave the largest impressions. I truly believe that. Work toward bettering yourself, if for nothing else than to leave this world a better place than when you entered.

The Be The Change, inc. Movement is a huge undertaking of strength, brotherhood, and awareness... and it's something that I vibe with. Check the link for more information.

We must love each other and 'be the change we wish to see in the world'.

No comments: